Updates from the Edge
Now that the BOOK and EBOOKS actually exist in this dimension, I wanted to give interested people some current information about where to BUY THE BOOK, upcoming EVENTS, and a few LINKS of interest.
Website: http://www.Brotherhoodofthescreamingabyss.com is up and running, and gradually with the help of my ‘web angel’ David Gaian (much more than a guru, and more useful too!) we’re working to increase its functionality and usefulness.
So here’s a summary of what you can find there if you visit the home page.
- BUY THE BOOKS!
The site is set up to take orders for soft-cover and hard-cover books, both signed and unsigned. I will fill the orders for signed books and for now will also fill orders for unsigned books but soon most of those orders will be routed to Amazon. Inventory has been shipped to Amazon so if you prefer to order from Amazon, you can select that option and we’ll send you a notice as soon as they are listed.
The Ebooks are listed on Amazon and Barnes and Nobel (for Nook users) and you can follow the links from the site to order Ebooks from those vendors. Please feel free to order one for yourself and tell all your friends. They make great stocking stuffers for Christmas and the best thing is…you don’t even need a stocking!
I will be doing several ‘readings’ and ‘signings’ in December, in Minnesota, Wisconsin and San Diego. If you happen to live nearby and want to drop in, please do; you are welcome and we’ll try to make it entertaining. Here’s a summary of upcoming events and links:
- Saturday, December 1, 2-4 p.m. Magus Books & Herbs, 1399 ½ 4th St. SE in Minnapolis (Dinkytown). I’ll make a short presentation and then hang out until four. I’ll have signed books to sell, and I’d like to extend a special invitation to my friends, colleagues, former and current students. Please drop by and say hello if you can. http://www.magusbooks.com
- Friday, December 7, 7:30 p.m. at the ArtArk 401 East Jefferson Viroqua WI. I’ll be giving a lecture entitled Consciousness, Neuroscience, the Mind/Brain and Parallel Universes, followed by discussion and some readings from the book. Signed books will be available. There is a $10 admission at the door. http://www.artarkviroqua.org
- Saturday, December 8, 1-4:30 p.m.at the Quarry Arts Building , 715 Hill St. Room 170, Madison WI. I will present a lecture entitled Transformation of Consciousness Through Sacred Plants: DMT, Ayahuasca and Psilocybin, followed by discussion and readings from the book. Signed books will be available. There is a $20 admission at the door. This event is sponsored by the Shakti Bookstore in Madison. http://www.shaktimadison.com
- Wednesday, December 12, 6-10 p.m. at the Ship in the Woods Art/Entertainment Collective, 1660 Lugano Lane, Del Mar, CA. I will be doing readings from the book and informal discussions of topics of interest with a focus on the impending ‘end date’ of 12/21/12. Signed books will be available. Please contact the organizers via the website for more information. http://www.shipinthewoods.com/Events.html
Here are some links to various sites of interest:
- Coast to Coast AM Podcast. I did a three hour wide-ranging interview on Sunday (1-5 a.m.) with host George Kaplan. Worth a listen if you like my rants. http://www.coasttocoastam.com/show/2012/11/25
- Melbourne Workshop Oct. 14 2012 Origins of Consciousness Tour. As many of you know, I just completed an Australian tour entitled the Origins of Consciousness Tour in the company of my friends Mitch Schultz the producer/director of the widely acclaimed documentary DMT: The Spirit Molecule (http://www.thespiritmolecule.com) and author Graham Hancock, well known to many in our community for his fascinating books on ancient civilizations (http://www.grahamhancock.com). The tour was co-sponsored by our friends at Entheogenesis Australis (http://www.entheo.net/news/hancock_mckenna_2012_origins_consciousness_tour) and Lost Tribes (http://www.losttribes.net.au). This video, in two parts, is an excerpt from the book in which I describe my visionary ‘lesson’ in the molecular mechanics of photosynthesis under the tutelage of ayahuasca. Most people were moved by it, including me.
There will be more to come! Keep an eye on this site for more frequent updates.